H&S Engineering Safety
H & S Engineering are very proud of our commitment to safety in the work place - 'we demand Zero Tolerance to unsafe acts and work practices'.
H & S Engineering recognises that the health, safety and welfare of employees, contractors, visitors and persons present at H&S sites is our responsibility. It is a primary and fundamental objective and will be regarded as such by all persons employed by H&S.
H&S is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for all personnel and the prevention of work related injuries and illness by providing and maintaining a safe working environment including an occupational health and safety management system (OHSMS) and safe systems of work in compliance with relevant occupational health and safety legislation.
To meet our responsibilities, H&S will;
- Manage Risks - by identifying all workplace hazards, undertaking assessments and taking all necessary actions to control any exposure to injury, loss or damage.
- Comply with all legal and other obligations - by ensuring that our business is managed in accordance with relevant occupational health and safety legislation and H&S Occupational Health and Safety Policies.
- Apply H&S policies, where applicable, to suppliers and other third parties.
- Establish targets and measurements - we will manage our obligations using coordinated occupational health and safety business plans for each area and site, with challenging targets to measure progress, to ensure continuous improvement aimed at the elimination of work related illness and injury to achieve our goal of "Zero Harm".
- Provide appropriate training and information for all H&S employees, labour hire employees, contractors and visitors to enable safe performance of work.
- Ensure meaningful and effective consultation with, and the involvement of all employees in matters potentially impacting workplace health and safety.
- Communicate clearly and openly H&S's occupational health and safety commitments and performance.
- Promote a culture of safety by H&S and all H&S personnel. We will ensure everyone knows that they are responsible for their own, and others health and safety, setting clearly defined responsibilities for all managers, supervisors and H&S personnel.
This policy statement will be regularly reviewed in light of developments, including changes to legislation, our understanding of best practice, and the organisation of H&S.